You are here
In this interactive workshop, you will learn how to apply behavioral based safety to improve safety performance. This material is derived both from years of practical experience and focused research; the strategies and techniques are sound and effective when properly applied. You will learn about common misconceptions in behavioral-based safety, common problems with traditional safety efforts, and how organizations can overcome these problems.
This workshop includes stories, real life examples, and case studies that will help you illustrate the effective ideas in your organization.
Benefits to Attendees
- Take away specific practices you can implement immediately in your organization.
- Apply Behavioral approach to improve workplace safety performance.
- List of online safety and health references conveniently divided by category.
- Learn the principles and strategies behind the success of behavioral based safety.
- Develop custom behavioral checklists to use in your organization.
- Principles & Processes of BBS
- What Is BBS? What is BBS NOT?
- Distinctions & Definitions
- Priority vs. Values
- Programs vs. Process
- What are the purposes of implementing BBS?
- In-Depth Case Study: The “Original” BBS Experiment
- Why does BBS work when done well?
- Why does BBS sometimes NOT work?
- How does BBS Lead to Safety Excellence?
- In-Depth Case Study: Integrating BBS into the Safety Management System
Application of BBS to Attain Safety Excellence
- Safety Coaching as a Training & Awareness Tool
- Feedback & Dialog Skills
- Analyzing Behavioral Data
- Identifying & Addressing General Barriers to BBS Process
- Evolving Considerations for BBS
- Leading Practices for Safety Excellence
- Lessons Learned in BBS