You are here
This is an Introductory Workshop titled “Beyond Compliance - An exploration of the impacts of safety culture and leadership upon safety performance”. “Compliance” is where most organizations spend much of their time. It is actually not where you want to spend most of your time. This workshop will help organizations reaching an outstanding safety “Beyond Compliance”.
Participants will learn about the structure of culture, safety culture map, and rules of culture.
The “Beyond Compliance” Introductory Safety Culture workshop is without peer as a highly participative process that allows Senior Leaders, OHS Professionals, Safety Committees and all Safety practitioners to gain a thorough understanding and valued appreciation of how these important constructs are critical factors within the safety performance of their organizations.
At the conclusion of the “Beyond Compliance” Introductory Workshop participants shall have achieved:
- State-of-the-art understanding with respect to how culture impacts workplace safety behaviors.
- Recognition of the power of “values” and a framework for addressing value “dissonance” within their organization.
- A powerful understanding of the impacts of leadership practice on organizational metrics at every level.
- Specific understanding of transformational safety leadership competencies including a transformational self assessment.
- What the term “safety engagement” means and why it is critical to ensure that the workforce is cognitively “engaged” in the safety conversations happening throughout all levels of the workforce.
- How to go about developing “safety champions” and providing them with the competencies and tools to be “beacons” within the culture of the business.
- An ability to “map” the organization against Transformational Safety competencies and design a Transformational Safety Program for the organization.
The Beyond Compliance Transformational Safety Workshops are segmented into four unique modules which each lead participants on a journey from the bigger picture of "culture" right through to the "pointy end" of safety culture change process; and it's not "rocket science" either.