You are here
Everyone uses contractors, but many companies have found great difficulties in effectively managing contractors on site. Contractors often have a different culture, a different perspective and a different attitude to safety. This workshop will take attendees on a step by step process of International best practices in insuring a safe project is achieved through agreed operational standards and procedures.
This workshop is designed for senior management and supervisors that need to understand the most up-to-date process used for managing contractors from proposal stage to project completion and to be able to incorporate these principles and requirements into their daily work activities.
- Recognize the need to manage contractor health and safety.
- Recognize the problems associated with contractors.
- Understand the legal framework for health and safety in contracted work.
- Understand the process for the selection and appointment of competent contractors.
- Understand the main requirements of the CDM and similar regulations.
- Recognize the need to proactively monitor the performance of contractors.
The workshop will enable delegates to appreciate the culture, which exists within the contracting industries. It will focus on areas of high risk, high return based on current International best practices, incorporating relevant legislation and the importance of being proactive as well as including detailed method statements prior to contract issue.