You are here
This 2-Day workshop / course is designed for everyone who employs contractors or supervises contractors, writes contractor proposals and senior management and supervision that need to understand the most up to date process used for managing contractors from proposal stage to project completion and to be able to incorporate these principles and requirements into their daily work activities.
The workshop / course will enable delegates to appreciate the culture, which exists within the contracting industries and will focus on areas of high risk, high return based on the current International best practice, incorporating the relevant legislation and the importance of being pro-active and including detailed method statements, prior to contract hire or issue.
Method of Instruction
Maximum use will be made of full color professional Power Point presentations, individual and group exercises through both written and case histories, from basic to gradually increased difficulty as the course / workshop progresses including the lessons learned from such incidents as Bhopal, Piper Alpha and Exxon Valdez.
- Recognize the need to manage Contractor Health and Safety
- Recognize the problems associated with contractors
- Understand the legal framework for health and safety in contracted work
- Understand the process for the selection and appointment of competent contractors
- Understand the main requirements of the CDM & similar Regulations
- Recognize the need to pro-actively monitor the performance of all contractors