You are here
Make safety the shared value of every employee. Put safety behind every strategy, every decision, every operation, and every action.
This course addresses practical approaches to forming strategies for a safety culture, leading in a safety culture, gaining employee involvement through safety contact and observation, and measuring the success of safety initiatives. All of this is done in the context of continuous improvement.
- Recognize the four requirements for creating a positive safety culture: leadership, employee involvement, measurement systems, and a continuous improvement process.
- Recognize management’s role in leading and implementing a safety culture.
- Gain employee involvement through use of a safety observation and contact process that is focused on recognizing and reinforcing safe behaviors.
- Use measurement tools to evaluate and quantify the effectiveness of your organization’s safety culture.
- Use continuous improvement to improve safety efforts.
- Build a positive safety culture by using the tips, techniques, and tools acquired in the training program.
Who Should Attend?
This course is intended for a business owner, manager or employee with responsibility for implementing safety initiatives, but may have limited safety and/or training experience.
What You Will Learn
- The Strategies for Creating a Safety Culture
- Leadership and Safety Culture
- Employee Involvement Through Safety Contact and Observation
- Measuring Program Success
- Continuous Improvement and Safety Culture
- Using Program Materials in Your Business