You are here
Root Cause Analysis is one of the most important tasks and responsibilities of the HSE people. It helps them to remove hazards or reduce the level of its risk by adding precautions or control measures, as necessary. Participants will learn how to employ effective investigation and interview techniques, Analyze accidents to identify "true" root causes, and describe human relations issues affecting accident reporting. By doing so, they have created a safer and healthier workplace.
People with HSE responsibilities (managers, supervisors, investigators and officers) this workshop can also be of value to all operation engineers, managers and supervisors.
Upon completion, participants shall be able to:
- Focus on techniques for gathering complete, accurate and objective accident data used to arrive at true root causes and determine corrective action.
- Further examine and analyze data as a means of preventing injuries, property damage and financial losses.
- Employ effective investigation and interview techniques.
- Analyze accidents to identify "true" root causes.
- Describe human relations issues affecting accident reporting.
Assessment and Certification:
Assessment comprises exercises and a multiple choice exam followed by practical basement. Candidates will be awarded Incident Investigation Certificate from ASSE-MEC and National Safety Council which carries 0.6 CEUs (Continuing Education Units) towards advance certificate.