You are here
In this intense and highly interactive 5-day course you will learn a range of methodologies and techniques designed to facilitate the building of a truly resilient organization, help people collaborate during “crisis” situations, innovate and work productively together. Through a series of lectures and structured simulations you will gain insight and expertise in the following critical aspects of “Crisis Management”: pre-crisis analysis and planning, how to organize and enhance response, management, recovery and restoration work, developing and conducting effective communications (tactical, strategic) before and during a “crisis”, the use of the LMSCARVERTM analysis tool, incident management systems, techniques for managing tasks, inter-personal and group dynamics during a “crisis”, handling difficult situations, the LMSCARVERTM supply chain analysis tool and finally how to design, develop, implement and maintain an effective continuity program. During this course of instruction you will have the opportunity to learn and practice these techniques and more in order to effectively deal with “crisis” situtations of all kinds.
Who Should Attend and Prerequisites
This course is designed for those who are responsible for managing, leading, guiding groups in “crisis” response, management, recovery and restoration (RMRR) efforts. Senior Executives, Midlevel Management, Project leaders, Managers and Professionals in all business and government sectors will benefit from acquiring skills and learning techniques for “crisis management” from inception to integration.
What You Will Achieve (Specific Objectives)
Throughout this course, participants will achieve the following results:
- Design, implement and manage vulnerability and consequence analysis;
- Design, develop and implement effective continuity plans;
- Facilitate “crisis management” meetings, projects and crisis situations;
- Foster collaboration among diverse professionals and separate groups;
- Design, develop and implement effective continuity plans for ensuring resilience;
- Lead groups to peak performance during ‘crisis” situations;
- Respond to, and manage difficult situations;
- Develop poise and confidence in managing team-building during “crisis” situations
- Demonstrate the interpersonal skills critical to management and leadership.
What Participants Learn
Throughout this course, participants will:
- Learn analysis, planning and organizing techniques;
- Practice for facilitating “crisis” meeting sessions;
- Effective methods for keeping up momentum and critical decision-making processes;
- Techniques for problem diagnosis;
- Techniques for “Active Analysis” to more readily understand wider aspects of a situation, gain clarity and provide effective communication for decision-making;
- Use tools to manage situations, people and gain their input;
- “Crisis Management” meeting techniques that keep your organization focused, on track and complete the agenda;
- Apply tools for analysis, planning and decision-making
- Practice reaching conclusions and decisions after consideration of possibilities. Putting decisions into action during a “crisis” situation;
Course Textbook, Notes/Presentation Materials
- Textbook for the course is “Integrated Continuity: Maintaining Resilience in Uncertain Times”; authored by Mr. Geary W. Sikich;
- Additional course materials are customized in the form of PowerPoint slides, PDF files, case studies, exercises and hands-on lab where/when applicable;
- Interactive tools, scenarios, and other resources.
Each day of course is composed of:
- Six (6) sessions of one hour each
- Two 15 minutes break, one in the morning and the other one in the afternoon, after the second and the fifth session
- One hour break or lunch
- Thirty minutes is factored in as a buffer for session transitions, exercises transitions, return for lunch and breaks.
Assessment and Certification:
Assessment is based on class room assessment and attendance. Candidates will be awarded
Building a Resilient Organization from ASSE-MEC.