You are here
Managing safely is a course for managers and supervisors in any sector and any organization. It’s designed to give managers all they need to know to help them handle health and safety in their teams. The flexible new high impact programme covers all the main health and safety issues, and includes a session tackling the environment too.
Managing safely target audience is people in an organization who have to manage both risk and resources. The courses aim is to provide these people with the knowledge and skills they require to be effective in carrying out their duties.
Module 1: Introducing Managing Safely
- Why is it important to manage safely?
- What are your responsibilities as a manager?
Module 2: Assessing Risks
- What is risk?
- What is a risk assessment?
- How do we carry risk assessments?
Module 3: Controlling Risks
- How do you reduce risk?
- How do you decide which risk control to use?
Module 4: Understanding Your Responsibilities
- What does the law require you to do?
- How does the law work?
- What are the key parts of a health and safety management system?
Module 5: Identifying Hazards
- What are common hazards?
- What can you do about common hazards?
Module 6: Investigating Accidents and Incidents
- Why investigate accidents and incidents?
- How do accidents and incidents happen?
- How do you carry out an accident investigation?
Module 7: Measuring Performance
- What is performance measurement about?
- How do you measure health and safety performance?
- What is auditing?
Module 8: Protecting Our Environment
- What’s the impact of industry on the environment?
- How can we control pollution and waste?
- What are the main elements of an environmental management system?
An IOSH Managing Safety certificate is awarded to all those who attended the course and successfully completed the written and practical assessments.