You are here
This Certificate gives you knowledge of safety practices and terminology and the skills needed to implement a comprehensive safety process in your organization.
You’ll go beyond the basics of compliance and learn best practices to help prevent injuries and related costs. When you complete this Certificate program, you’ll be able to complete your safety responsibilities with confidence and get positive, measurable results.
Training Designed For
Safety specialists, production administrators, maintenance technicians, and human resources, operations, or safety management personnel. The Certificate is a great introduction for anyone with safety responsibilities and an excellent review course for those with more experience.
- Get a balanced perspective of the full scope of occupational safety and health issues.
- Organize and communicate an effective safety program.
- Learn techniques to identify and target hazards specific to your organization, and take actions to prevent incidents and related costs.
- Develop a site specific safety plan and gain management support for it
- Apply nine elements critical to an effective safety plan
- Address priority OSHA standards, and plan for an OSHA inspection
- Lead a successful safety team and facilitate productive safety meetings
- Involve employees in safety processes such as safety inspections, safety committees, and employee orientations
- Use a nationally renowned method for job safety analysis that helps you develop safe operating procedures
- Investigate incidents using a systematic approach and root cause analysis to prevent injuries
- Recognize, evaluate and control ergonomic hazards
The programme comprises of 5 days taught modules covering key aspects of Occupational safety and Health. The specific modules covered as follows:
- Principles of Occupational Safety and Health Management
- Hazard Recognition, Evaluation, and Control
- Safety Communication
- Employee Involvement
- Incident Reporting and Investigation
- Job Safety Analysis
- Safety Training
- Safety Teams
- Safety Inspections
- Introduction to OSHA
- Fundamentals of Industrial Hygiene
- The Hazard Communication Standard
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Injury and Illness Recordkeeping for OSHA
- Emergency Action Planning
- Safety Orientation
- Creating a Safety and Health Plan for Management Action - Applications Test
- Safety Management System