You are here
This Certificate gives you knowledge of safety practices and terminology and the skills needed to implement a comprehensive safety process in your organization.
You’ll go beyond the basics of compliance and learn best practices to help prevent injuries and related costs. When you complete this Certificate program, you’ll be able to complete your safety responsibilities with confidence and get positive, measurable results.
Training Designed For
Safety specialists, production administrators, maintenance technicians, and human resources, operations, or safety management personnel. The Certificate is a great introduction for anyone with safety responsibilities and an excellent review course for those with more experience.
Prove It To Yourself – And Your Company
- Learn techniques to identify hazards and take specific actions to prevent incidents and related costs.
- Get a balanced perspective of the full scope of occupational safety and health issues.
- Get a grasp on terminology and build skills to develop and implement a proactive and preventive safety plan.
- Examine real-life case studies that help you avoid mistakes and maximize the effectiveness of your safety initiatives.
- Develop knowledge and skills that increase your competence and self-confidence on the job.
- Learn how to raise safety awareness and lower the risk of injuries.
Here’s What You’ll Learn
- How to recognize, evaluate and control hazards, and determine an acceptable level of risk.
- How to create an effective safety team and facilitate productive safety meetings.
- How to define ergonomics, assess ergonomic risk factors and recommend corrective actions.
- How to determine when personal protective equipment (PPE) should be used and ways to increase employee acceptance of PPE.
- Uses and benefits of recordkeeping to prevent injuries and illness – and meet OSHA requirements.
- How OSHA affects your organization.
- How to develop an emergency action plan.
- The reason behind safety inspections and how to effectively plan and conduct them.
- The: who, what, when, where, and how of incident investigations.
- How to use a safety orientation program to improve employee performance, and reduce incidents and cost.
- The impact of industrial hygiene and HazCom standards on your safety plan.
- How to implement various employee involvement techniques.
- Components of the communication process and how to improve the effectiveness of safety messages.
Assessment and Certification:
Assessment comprises a multiple choice exam followed by practical basement. Candidates will be awarded CERTIFICATE IN PRINCIPLES OF SAFETY Certificate from ASSE-MEC and the National Safety Council.