You are here
This workshop has been designed to prepare key staff for the revalidation of HAZOP studies. These studies are required for a number of reasons one of which can be found in Paragraph (e) of 29 CFR 1910.119, OSHA’s Process Safety Management regulation requires that PHA’s be updated and revalidated every five years. In order to comply with the regulation, you must either revalidate your initial PHA or conduct a new PHA on the same process. This standard has been adopted by companies such as Saudi Aramco.
Project Managers, Instrumentation / Electrical Engineers, Inspection, Loss Prevention / Security / Fire Prevention, Maintenance, Operations / Process Engineers, Mechanical Engineers, Process Operating Staff.
Discuss and apply HAZOP revalidation process including the techniques to ensure that:
- The initial HAZOP is consistent with current practice
- No process hazards are identified
- Adequate controls are in place to manage hazards
- Completeness of the initial HAZOP
- Consistency with risk rankings
- Compliance with applicable regulations
The workshop will allow candidates to understand the requirements and process used to affect a formal HAZOP revalidation study. The workshop will include the following key areas:
- Verify the quality and resolution of the previous study.
- Verify the existence and thoroughness of your MOC system and all changes carried out since the initial HAZOP study.
- Consider the applicability of RMP regulations – evaluation of off-site impacts.
- Review the changes in facility standards and protocols relating to the HAZOP
- HAZOP process for revalidation