You are here
The NSC Certificate in Principles of Safety provides you with solid knowledge of safety practices and terminology and the skills needed to implement a comprehensive safety process in your organization.
The training is open to safety specialists, production administrators, maintenance technicians, and human resources, operations, or safety management personnel. The Certificate is a great introduction for anyone with safety responsibilities and an excellent review course for those with more experience.
Benefits to Attendees
To ensure that participants are familiar with the fundamentals of risk assessments and the course has been designed to enable student upon completion be able to:
- Understand the various types and concepts of risk assessments
- Understand the difference between "hazard" and "risk"
- Focus on categories of hazards, methods for conducting an analysis of the workplace, and a process for evaluating and rating hazards by risk are introduced.
- Understand the risk assessment process
- Feel confident in conducting risk assessments within the workplace Employ general engineering and administrative controls.
The Risk assessment Program is covered in three days and covers the following:
- Forms of risk assessment
- Identifying methodology of risk assessment processes
- Identifying risk assessment activity
- Understanding hazard identification process, including Job Safety Analysis
- Hazard recognition process ,types of Hazards physical, chemical, biological, ergonomic
- Hazard evaluation, determining severity, exposure, probability
- Risk Assessment Priority rating
- Risk assessment control ; hierarchy of risk control
In order to receive NSC-RA Completion Certificate, the student needs pass the following:
Each prospective student must take and successfully meet the requirements of the Three day Course, gap analysis, and a multiple choice test.