You are here
Risk assessment & root cause analysis is one of the most important tasks and responsibilities of the HSE people. It helps them to remove hazards or reduce the level of its risk by adding precautions or control measures, as necessary. Participants will learn how to employ effective investigation and interview techniques, Analyze accidents to identify "true" root causes, and describe human relations issues affecting accident reporting. By doing so, they have created a safer and healthier workplace.
People with HSE responsibilities (managers, supervisors, investigators and officers) this workshop can also be of value to all operation managers and supervisors.
Upon completion, participants shall be able to:
- Focus on techniques for gathering complete, accurate and objective accident data used to arrive at true root causes and determine corrective action.
- Further examine and analyze data as a means of preventing injuries, property damage and financial losses.
- Employ effective investigation and interview techniques.
- Analyze accidents to identify "true" root causes.
- Describe human relations issues affecting accident reporting.
- Understand the various types and concepts of risk assessments
- Focus on all aspects of hazard recognition including the relationship between the environment equipment and processes
- Understand the difference between "hazard" and "risk"
- Focus on categories of hazards, methods for conducting an analysis of the workplace, and a process for evaluating and rating hazards by risk are introduced.
- Understand the risk assessment process
- Provide a positive and tested method of conducting assessments
- Feel confident in conducting risk assessments within the workplace Employ general engineering and administrative controls.
The workshop comprises 5 days training covering key aspects of:
- Introduction To Incident Investigation: Root Cause Analysis
- Respond To And Investigate The Incident
- Analyze The Data And Recommend Corrective Action
- Implement Recommendations And Follow Up
- Forms of risk assessment
- Identifying methodology of risk assessment processes
- Identifying risk assessment activity
- Understanding hazard identification process, including Job Safety Analysis
- Hazard recognition process
- Types of Hazards physical, chemical, biological, ergonomic
- Hazard evaluation, determining severity, exposure, probability
- Risk Assessment Priority rating