You are here
The Safety Management Auditing course is a 3-day course focused on techniques related to the phases of safety audits: preparing, conducting and the important follow-up. It covers the concepts for planning and conducting effective safety audits, how to communicate audit results and follow up on recommendations made in an audit report.
Upon completion of the workshop delegates will be able to:
- Provide an understanding of the principles and benefits of environmental & safety management.
- Acquaint delegates with environmental & safety management system and its fundamentals.
- Examine and interpret the requirements of ISO 14001 & OHSAS 18001.
- Ensure the correct application of accepted audit protocols.
- Provide value added auditing and re porting to aid enhanced system performance.
- Environmental & safety management fundamentals and vocabulary.
- Environmental & safety management principles.
- The process approach and identification of aspects & impacts and hazards & risks.
- The EMS & OHSAS requirements.
- Management system and need for the audits.
- Establishing an internal audit program
- Planning, preparing, performing and reporting internal audits.
- Verifying corrective action & auditing for improvements
Assessment and Certification
Candidates will be assessed through pre & post-tests & assignments. Successful candidates will be awarded AETC certificate in Integrated SHE Audit.