You are here
This 5 days course is part of the Advanced Safety Certificate by the US National Safety Council. The workshop does more than show what an effective safety manager does. It shows how to do it through a balanced approach to safety management, addressing administrative, technical and cultural elements of safety.
Participants will learn how to lead safety in the organization, and how to get the team involved in safety and health efforts.
You should attend this course if you are coordinating, supervising, or managing safety and health efforts at your facility/company. Designed for the safety leader, this course meets the needs of safety and health committee leaders, supervisors, and middle/upper managers.
- Identify the fundamental principles of safety management.
- Recognize the key elements of NSC's safety management system.
- Determine your role as a safety and health professional and define line management's safety and health responsibilities.
- Identify leadership strategies that contribute to your success as a manager.
- Recognize the dynamics of organizational safety culture.
- Recognize strategies and steps to create organizational and individual change.
- Enhance your interviewing, consulting and influencing skills to enlist support from key people in your organization.
- Use measurement tools to track the progress of your organization's safety management system.
- Identify the steps for preparing a successful safety management audit.
- Establish a business case for a safety management system.
- Use problem solving and decision making skills to resolve your organization's safety and health issues
- Create an action plan to improve safety management in your organization.
- Dynamics of Organizational Safety Culture
- Safety Performance Measurements
- Defining Roles and Responsibilities
- Business Case for Safety Management System
Module 1: A historical perspective on Safety Management
Module 2: Initiating a Safety Management System
Module 3: Defining role and responsibilities
Module 4: Leading the safety management Process
Module 5: The dynamics of safety culture
Module 6: Using interviewing and consulting skills
Module 7: Managing the Safety and Health Audit process
Module 8: Influencing and managing change
Module 9: Safety performance measurements
Module 10: Business case for a safety management system
Module 11: Problem solving and decision making
Module 12: Creating a safety and health management action plan
Module 13: Analyzing case studies from a management perspective
Assessment and Certification:
Assessment comprises a multiple choice exam followed by practical basement. Candidates will be awarded Safety Management Techniques Certificate from ASSE-MEC and National Safety Council which carries 2.6 CEUs (Continuing Education Units) towards advance certificate.