You are here
This workshop provides both the theoretical and practical skills in developing, implementing and evaluating a smoking cessation program in the workplace, clinic or hospital setting. Specific smoking trends of the Middle East region will also be addressed so that the workshop is locally and culturally relevant.
- Health and wellness professionals
- Healthcare professionals & Health Promotion Specialists
- S&HE Professionals that are charged with implementing a smoking cessation program and policy within their company
- To understand the three facets of tobacco dependence and Health Benefits of Quitting
- To understand the current uses and dangers of Shisha
- To learn and apply the methodologies and tools of Carbon Monoxide Monitoring
- To understand and apply The 5A’s for Brief Intervention
- To develop step by step procedures and materials for conducting individual and group smoking cessation counseling—from intake interview through long-term follow-up
- To gain an understanding of the Pharmacotherapy associated with smoking cessation programs Learn how to treat smokers with co-morbid psychiatric disorders and poly-substance abuse
- To gain an understanding of the social support required with smoking cessation programs
- Learn how strategies for relapse prevention
- Step by step details of how to set up a Worksite, Clinic or Hospital Based Program
- To gain an understanding on how to develop telephone counseling and quit-lines programs.
With a high incidence of smoking in the region all SH&E Professionals, healthcare, and health promotion professionals will be made aware of how smoking affects the population health and safety at work. This workshop provides both the science and practice so that professionals can implement a successful program based on the current global standards in smoking cessation benchmarks and practices.