You are here
This program has been developed for all employers and employees interested in conducting qualitative risk assessments within the context of operational risk management, based on AS/NZS 4360:2004 – Risk Management. In the context of business, "risk" is defined as the chance of loss or gain. However, in the context of the probability of occurrence of harm or suffering as viewed from the safety, health and environmental viewpoint, only negative risks are considered.
The workshop looks to provide a practical approach to the process of introducing and conducting a qualitative workplace risk assessment program into an organization such as Saudi Aramco.
NOTE: This course should be attended as an introduction to Risk Management or as a pre-requisite before attending the Advanced Risk Management Practices Course.
All market industry segments and all levels as Workplace Risk Assessment can be used by ALL.
- General Managers, Project Managers, Engineers, HSE Managers, Risk Managers, Loss Control Managers, Security Managers SHE Reps & Committee Members, Operating Staff and employees in general.
- Introduce Workplace Risk Assessment – based on the AS/NZS 4360 Risk Management standard.
- Describe the workplace risk assessment process – 10 simple steps using Systematic, Comprehensive Hazard Identification and Risk Profiling method [SCHIRP]
- Discuss and apply the qualitative techniques for hazard identification and risk assessment in the workplace;
- Discuss the various HAZID techniques used in industry – HAZOP, FTA, ETA, SWIFT;
- Utilize recording formats that can be used in the workplace risk assessment process – template documentation.
- The workshop begins with the introduction of Risk Management and the AS/NZS 4360:2004 model and its supporting documentation as well as demonstrating the context of Risk Management.
- Responsibilities and accountabilities are discussed to determine who is supposed to conduct assessments and how they are to be used.
- The program then covers understanding the terminology – using a common language for Risk in the Organization.
- TYPES OF RISK ASSESSMENT
Baseline Risk Assessment, Issue-based Risk Assessment & Continuous Risk Assessment
- THE WORKPLACE RISK ASSESSMENT PROCESS [Qualitative]
- Identifying Hazards
- Converting Hazards to Risks
- Ranking Risks
- Use of the Risk Matrix
- Risk Control and Residual Risk
- Risk Quantification – expressing the risk in monetary terms
- Cost/Benefit Analysis
- Developing Additional Controls [Mitigation Measures]
- Audits & Follow up
- WORKPLACE RISK ASSESSMENT DOCUMENTATION [practical approach]
Workshop Materials- Each student will receive:
- A hard copy of the AS/NZS 4360:2004 – Risk Management
- A hard copy of the HB 436:2004 - HB 436:2004 (Guidelines to AS/NZS 4360:2004) :
Risk Management Guidelines Companion to AS/NZS 4360:2004
- Course participants manual – notes and risk assessment templates
- A formal ERS training attendance certificate